January 25, 2006

Disnar or should it be Pixney?

Honestly I can't think of anything new to say about the Pixar + Disney deal. John Lasseter must be giddy with excitement, I know how much of a Disney fan he is. He worked there once before, imagine returning to your old job, but this time your in charge.

It's too early to tell if this is a good thing over all. Sure Steve Jobs has the biggest share of the board, but there's still 14 members, so it's not like it's a controlling share. It feels like it's a step in the right direction for Disney, but I'm going to miss the independent spirit of the old Pixar. But again it's too early to tell. I hope it turns out to be a good thing.

I thought this article laid it out pretty clearly:

http://news.com.com/Pixar+to+lead+Disneys+animation+business/2100-1030_3-6030712.html

No comments: