November 27, 2009

Oscar's Animated Shorts Preview

"The Wrap" was nice enough to compile a website with video links to all 10 of the animated shorts that are on the short list for the Oscar. Some of the video clips are the shorts in their entirety, others are just previews. This is the short list, five will get nominated, “A Matter of Loaf and Death” and "Partly Cloudy" are obviously going to be on the Oscar list. I have to say really hope Cordell Barker's “Runaway” gets the Oscar. His short is great, great pacing, great characters, a nicely told story. I can't say I'm a big fan of the teaser they put on this site, trust me it's a lot better then this teaser. I'm hoping the Oscar voters get a chance to see the short before they vote.

http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/preview-oscars-animated-shorts-10530

No comments: