September 1, 2005

Draw the Looney Tunes

I was in Borders Book store last night and I ran across a new book called Draw the Looney Tunes: The Warner Bros. Character Design Manual. Now I've seen a lot of how to books, how to draw bugs bunny and the like. But this one was printed so nicely. It was hardbound with foldout pages and good paper. It was obviously not meant for young kids so I had to take a look at it and I was surprised to find that it was a really good book. It was all about drawing, no real mention of animation, but it was as good as most life drawing books I've seen. It had big sections on the line of action, rhythm, line quality, perspective, you name it. I was pretty impressed with it. I don't know if I would call it a mush have animation book but it's definitely worth a look.

No comments: