October 10, 2005

Fire Destroys Wallace and Gromit

I haven't been able to make it to the new Wallace and Gromit film (I have a 14 month old at home, I'm lucky if I get to see The Daily Show let alone the cinema). It looks like the warehouse that housed all of Aarman's history, including the sets to all the Wallace and Gromit films, and all of Aardman's stop motion history burned down lat night. Thankfully no one was hurt. To read more look here:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/10/aardman.fire/index.html

It's sad to loose all this history. I don't think this will stop them from making new films. Especally with W&G opening the number 1 spot with: 16.1M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really too bad! Aardman does such great work. I'd agree, that I'm sure it won't stop them from continuing to put out new stuff. I just wish we could see more from them-- more often.

Great site. I enjoy your commentary.