May 2, 2005

A Full Weekend & Animation Podcasting!

Wow, this has been a very busy weekend for me, and there's a lot more work to come. We did our final inspection of the house that we're buying. We hadn't seen it in so long there were a lot of things that I forgot. I'm excited to move in, I feel like I've been moving for months now. (Allison's mom has been absolutely invaluable with the whole process, it's been a big help being able to drop off Quinn with her while we take care of house stuff.)

We've been packing for the move and packing for the trip at the same time. This time next week I should be getting on an airplane to fly out to Denmark to teach a class on animation. I've spent all my free time working on my notes for the class. I can't believe it's coming up so fast. After I'm done teaching the class I plan on publishing some of my notes here so keep an eye out for them. The class is on lip sink in animation. I'm a huge hoarder of animation notes, and I put this class together by sorting through all the notes, distilling them down, and adding my personal experience to them. I'm not done yet, I'll probably still be working on them on the plane.

Also, a lot of people have asked me about my trip to Denmark, what the school is like, how many animators I'll be teaching, etc. I don't really know what it's going to be like myself, but when I find out I'll let all of you know. I don't know what kind of web access I'll have when I get there. I might be off the grid for a while. But I will post pictures and stuff here on my blog, I just don't know if it'll be sooner or later

Last but not least I got to work this morning I was surprised to find there's a lot of buzz about a website called The Animation Podcast. This is the first that I've heard about it. It looks like its a website that interviews animators or animation related people and publishes them as podcastings. It sounds like a great idea. The first interview is with Andreas Deja. I haven't explored podcasting much, if anyone could recommend good podcasting software I'd love to hear about it. In the meantime I'll just download the mp3s and keeping an eye on the sight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need help try this link, as it is a comprehensive help outline strictly for iPodder:(http://ipodder.sourceforge.net/docs/ipodder.html)

-Aaron B.