June 21, 2005

Howl's Moving Castle Subtitled

"Howl's Moving Castle" is in theaters, though you'd never know it. So much for Disney advertising. I haven't been able to escape my squirrelly duties to get out and see it. I fear the dubbing of this film, thankfully the El Capitan plays it subtitled on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Hopefully I'll be able to escape long enough to see it soon. If I do I'll post my review, I expect it will be great. So far everyone I've talked to said it's his best.

Anyhoo, if your intrested, the IFC Blog has a list (short) of theaters that are playing the film where they have subtitled prints. You can find that list here:

http://ifcblog.ifctv.com/ifc_blog/2005/06/howls_subtitled.html

1 comment:

Zev said...

I actually really enjoyed Billy Crystal performance as Calcifer is the dubbed version.

In my opinion its his best in regards to production quality, but not nearly his best in regards to story.

Since I haven't seen the subtitled version yet, I'm looking forward to what you thought of that.